Tuesday, August 9, 2011

SFTP for Windows

For the longest time I have been using WinSCP for my SFTP client on Windows.  it has been sufficient for the needs that I had.  Recently, though, I had a need to move some larger files off of a Windows box.  Now, I had a 100Mbps connection, but using WinSCP, I was only getting about 150kBps.  Since I had files that were ~15GB and I needed to download a file a day, this was not going to work.  I found an SFTP client that performas much better.  It is called Tunnelier.  I am getting speeds of about 675kBps with it.  It is free for personal use.  Here is a link to the product:


I am still getting used to the interface and all of the windows it opens up.  I am going to play with the scripting client and see what I can do with it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment