Thursday, September 29, 2011

Adding a Custom Favicon to a Site on Google Sites

Because of my family and friends, I have had to use the Google Sites CMS.  It is not bad.  It is limited, but it will get the job done for a basic static website.  One of the things I wanted to be able to do was change the favicon on the website.  The following is what their default is.



In order to change it, I go to my trusty icon maker and create a favicon.ico file.  It has to be named that exact name.  After I have my file, I have to get it up for the website.  In order to do this, I do the following:

Click on More More Actions -> Manage Site in the top left




Then, on the right, choose Attachments




Then Click the Upload Button.  The following box will appear.



Make sure that the attachment is being uploaded to / (top level).
Select the favicon.ico file and upload it.

Once that is done, your website will now show the favicon.

No comments:

Post a Comment