Thursday, November 10, 2011

Turning iGoogle On

I was working with Google Sites and needed to make a Google Gadget.  An easy way to store them is to use the Google Development which utilizes iGoogle to save the gadgets.  When I tried to use this feature, I was told that iGoogle was not enabled for the domain that was setup.  Since I was the administrator, I knew I had not turned it off.  I had a hard time figuring out exactly how to enable this feature.  I finally figured it out and wanted to document it here.  In order to enable iGoogle for a domain in Google Sites do the following:


  1. Login to Google Sites at https://www.google.com/a/cpanel/YOURDOMAIN/
  2. Click on the Organization & users tab
  3. Click on the Services sub-tab
  4. Scroll down to the iGoogle row
  5. Change the switch from OFF to ON
  6. Click on Save Changes




Once you have done this you will have iGoogle enabled and be able to do what you need to do with it.




No comments:

Post a Comment